Behind the Scenes: Business Thriving in Washington County
Hagerstown, MD; March 1, 2016 – Leadership Washington County (LWC), a local leadership development program and non-profit, launched registration for it's first ever Graduate Program Day open to all graduates of Leadership Hagerstown and Leadership Washington County.
The theme for the Graduate Program Day, scheduled for Friday April 29th, is to explore how existing and new businesses survive and thrive in Washington County. Participants can expect to learn about the following topics during the day:
- Discuss the pros and cons of doing business in downtown Hagerstown with business owners and investors.
- Tour and hear from the owner of a 129 year old furniture company based in the City of Hagerstown that has adapted its business model to fit the global economy.
- Discover a City of Hagerstown business that purchases unique items throughout the East Coast to sell internationally.
- Hear from a local restaurateur who has diversified his fine dining niche to include a casual, one-of-kind dining experience.
- Visit the Hagerstown Airport and learn about the various businesses operating in and around the area and how the airport plays a key role in business development in Washington County.
- Demystify the medical marijuana industry and learn about the opportunity for a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in Washington County.