A community’s greatest assets are its people, and that is certainly true in Washington County, MD.
Leadership Washington County (LWC) takes a select group of individuals from diverse backgrounds through an intense ten-month program. During the program, they will develop or strengthen their network of contacts and actively engage in issues around topics like economic development, history, art and culture, education, religion, politics, and social service needs.
Leadership Washington County exists to develop and inspire excellent leaders dedicated to serving the community and shaping its future.
Leadership Washington County connects and develops extraordinary leaders deeply committed to fulfilling individual and corporate social responsibility in our community and in the lives of fellow citizens.
- Promote excellence through collaboration and partnerships
- Realize relevant positive change through forward thinking and dynamic action
- Inspire and equip leaders to make our community a great place to live, work and play
- Demonstrate integrity, stewardship and accountability in all organizational practices
- Embrace diversity, ingenuity and creativity
The Leadership Washington County program was established in 1987 under the name Leadership Hagerstown, in cooperation with the Hagerstown-Washington County Chamber of Commerce. In 2006, the organization became a separate 501 (c) 3 non-profit.
Since 1987, Leadership Hagerstown and Leadership Washington County have graduated over 800 participants, who can be found as board members of non-profits, running for office, mentoring area youth, chairing events, managing projects, and helping their own organizations develop and prosper.